Spiced Blueberry Waffles
Weekends are for waffles. But with this twist on your go-to classic, you’ll love serving up these fluffy dreams for dinner, or even a late-night snack.Preparation
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, yeast, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar.
2. Heat fairlife ultra-filtered milk to lukewarm (95ºf to 105ºf). stir warm milk, butter and vanilla into dry ingredients, just until combined.
3. Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and let batter stand at room temperature, at least 1 hour or overnight.
4. Heat waffle iron until very hot. meanwhile, whisk egg yolks, baking soda, cinnamon and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons sugar into batter.
5. Beat egg whites to medium peaks, then fold into batter. then gently fold in blueberries.
6. Coat waffle iron with nonstick spray and pour batter into waffle iron (amount of batter needed will vary according to machine). cook waffles until golden and cooked through.
7. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200ºf oven while you cook remaining waffles. pass around extra blueberries and maple syrup at the table.
- 1 ½ cups fairlife® whole ultra-filtered milk
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup blueberries (about 3 ounces) plus more for serving
- nonstick cooking spray
- pure maple syrup for serving