Mushroom and Basil Baked Eggs with Garlic Butter Toast Soldiers
What’s the perfect companion for baked eggs? Toast soldiers, of course! Enjoy this breakfast delight made with fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered milk that’s packed with flavour.Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter the insides of 4, 4-ounce oven-safe ramekins and set aside on a baking tray.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Once heated add 2 tablespoons butter and the mushrooms, salt, pepper, and chili flakes (if using). Sauté 2 minutes, stirring often, until mushrooms are soft and cooked through. Once off heat, stir in basil and divide mushrooms evenly among the ramekins. Add ¼ cup fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered whole milk to each of the ramekins, followed by 1 egg. Bake in preheated oven 11-12 minutes just until egg whites are set.
3. While the eggs bake, toast slices of bread and immediately spread one side of each with butter. Peel and trim the root end from the garlic clove and rub trimmed end all over buttered side of each toast slice. If desired, trim crusts and slice toasts into sticks.
4. Fresh out of the oven, garnish each ramekin with parmesan cheese and chives. Serve immediately with the garlic toast soldiers.
- 1 Cup fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature divided
- 2 Cups cremini mushrooms sliced paper thin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 turns freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp basil leaves roughly chopped
- 4 eggs large
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese finely grated plus more to garnish chives finely chopped to garnish
- 4 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 clove garlic