Gorgonzola Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccini
Garlic, Cheese and Broccoli – my oh my! Dive into some bold flavour with this yummy pasta recipe that will liven up your dinner plans. fairlife® 3.25% Ultrafiltered Milk makes this fettuccini “bellissimo!”Preparation
1. In a small bowl combine the butter and flour to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Working on a plate or dish, season the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Toss to coat well.
3. Heat a 10-12-inch high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Also bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
4. To the preheated sauté pan add the olive oil and seasoned chicken. Sauté, stirring often, until cooked through and transfer to a clean dish. Allow the pan to cool before wiping with paper towels to remove oil and excess solids. Return pan to the stove off heat.
5. Once water is boiling, fill a large mixing bowl halfway with ice and then top with just enough cold water to submerge cubes. Add broccoli florets to the boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on desired crispness, then quickly remove with a large slotted spoon and plunge into the awaiting ice water bath. Allow to cool completely before draining well.
6. Bring broccoli cooking water back to a full boil before adding the Fettuccini. Cook according to package directions for al dente and drain in a colander.
7. While pasta boils prepare the sauce. To the cooled sauté pan used earlier for the chicken, add the fairlife® 3.25% Ultrafiltered Whole Milk, garlic, rosemary, pepper, nutmeg, and gorgonzola. Heat over medium-high until bubbling while stirring to melt and incorporate the cheese. Once bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low or lower so that the bubbles are small. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes. Remove and discard garlic cloves and rosemary stems. To thicken, add the butter and flour mixture to the sauce, whisk to incorporate, and simmer 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and season to taste with salt.
8. Once pasta is al dente, drain through a colander. Add the gorgonzola sauce to the pasta pot, followed by the drained pasta, broccoli, and chicken. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
- 2 ½ Cups fairlife® 3.25% Ultrafiltered Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 4 turns freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Cups broccoli florets
- 375 g Fettuccini dried
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and lightly pressed
- 1 stem fresh rosemary bruised with back of chef’s knife
- 5 turns freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 75 g gorgonzola dolce roughly broken into chunks
- sea salt to taste