Creamy Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Everyone knows that butternut squash and apples makes a yummy combo! This delicious soup with fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered milk is perfect for those Fall sweater days after a day in the Pumpkin Patch.Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the chopped butternut squash, carrot, onion and apple to the prepared baking sheet. Dress with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, . teaspoon sea salt, and toss to coat. Roast in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until deeply browned in parts. Once roasted, discard any overly charred bits.
3. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add remaining olive oil, salt, pepper, and leek. Sweat while stirring often for 3 minutes, lowering heat if leek starts to brown. Add ginger and curry powder and cook an additional 2 minutes while stirring.
4. Add the oven roasted ingredients and stock to the saucepan. Increase heat to high to bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove soup from heat and use an immersion or countertop blender to carefully purée soup until smooth. Stir in fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered whole milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- 1 Cup fairlife® 3.25% ultrafiltered whole milk
- 3 Cups butternut squash cubes
- 1 carrot peeled chopped into chunks
- 1 onion large peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 golden delicious apple peeled cored and chopped into chunks
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp sea salt divided
- 5 turns freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 leek white and light green parts only cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock