Creamy Corn Chowder
With fairlife® , it’s easy to try a new recipe. This corn chowder idea makes for a quick and delicious dinner solution – that your family will savour until the last drop.Preparation
1. Warm the oil in a wide heavy stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. add the diced onion, celery, carrot and 1 teaspoon kosher salt (reserve remaining). let cook, stirring often, until softened (about 5 minutes).
2. Then add all of the dried seasonings and flour. cook and stir for about 2 minutes until all of the flour has fully incorporated.
3. Next, add the minced garlic, diced potatoes, and chicken or vegetable broth. use a whisk or flat-edge spoon to scrape-up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. Once boiling, immediately reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
5. Lastly, add the corn kernels (directly from freezer if not using fresh), fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, and remaining 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt. warm through over low heat (about 5 minutes).
6. Transfer 3 cups of the soup mixture (roughly even amounts broth and vegetables) to a blender and purée until smooth.
7. Return the puréed soup to the pot and stir to combine. let the soup simmer over low heat for another 10 minutes until it thickens slightly.
8. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh chives and/or chopped jalapeno.
- 2 cups fairlife® whole ultra-filtered milk
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 2.5 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium (or 3 small) Yukon gold potatoes cubed small
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth divided
- 5 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels
- chopped fresh chives and/or jalapeno for garnish