- What makes fairlife® so unique?
- fairlife® is the only 100% real milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than traditional milk. And it’s lactose free AND tastes great!! Seriously….try it!
- Do you use growth hormones / rBST?
- Like all milk sold in Canada, fairlife® is free of artificial growth hormones.
- Where does the extra protein come from in fairlife® ultrafiltered milk?
- It comes directly from the milk! We filter our milk into its five components (water, minerals, lactose, protein and fat) and then recombine them in different proportions. So we never need to add protein powders – it’s already in the milk!
- Is fairlife® ultrafiltered milk organic?
- While fairlife® ultrafiltered milk is not organic, we set and abide by the highest standards when it comes to our milk quality.
- Why does fairlife® ultrafiltered milk have a longer shelf life than ordinary milk?
- It’s simply in the processing. Ordinary milk is pasteurized at a high temperature for 15-20 seconds. We pasteurize our milk at an even higher temperature for less time. That gives fairlife much longer shelf life unopened. After opening, its shelf life is the same as ordinary milk and should be consumed within 14 days and kept refrigerated.
- Are you hiring?
- You can search open roles here, listed under location: Peterborough, ON
- Who owns fairlife?
- On January 3, 2020, The Coca-Cola Company announced that it acquired the remaining stake in fairlife LLC from its joint venture partner Select Milk Producers. Coca-Cola now owns 100% of fairlife, up from its previous 42.5% stake. For more information, please click here.
- Will I still be able to buy fairlife products in Canada?
- Yes, our intention is to ensure fairlife continues to be available in Canada during this delay. Maintaining the supply will allow us to continue providing Canadians with a delicious range of products that you’ve come to know and love, while still building demand for the product, so that when the new plant is operational it can operate at an efficient starting capacity.
- Construction has been deemed an essential service. Why is the plant construction in Peterborough, Ontario temporarily delayed?
- Until now, construction has remained on schedule and we are currently in the final stages of completing the plant build and accepting Canadian milk. Due to current travel restrictions in Canada and around the world, however, we are currently unable to assemble the needed teams to complete the remaining equipment calibration and testing required at the facility. As a result, we now expect the opening of the facility to be delayed until later this year.
- How far along is the construction at the plant operation in Peterborough, Ontario?
- We are currently in the final stages of completing the plant construction, which involves the final calibration and testing of the equipment.
- When had you planned to be ready to start processing 100% Canadian milk?
- We have been working diligently for two years to deliver on our commitment to begin manufacturing and distribution in Spring 2020. Prior to this temporary delay, we were just weeks away from accepting Canadian milk in our Peterborough plant. We are currently in the final stages of completing the plant construction and remain committed to producing fairlife with Canadian milk as soon as we can.
- When do you expect the plant to be operational?
- We will resume construction later this year. We want to assure you assure you we remain steadfast in our support of the Canadian dairy industry, and we remain committed to producing fairlife with Canadian milk as soon as we can.
- When fairlife is made in Canada with Canadian milk will you have the DFC Blue Cow logo on it?
- YES! We will be very proudly displaying the Blue Cow logo on all of our fairlife packaging.
- What is the protein source in Core Power® and Core Power® Elite?
- All of the protein comes from fairlife® ultrafiltered partly skimmed milk. We never add any protein powders or concentrates.
- Is Core Power® made from real milk?
- Yes, all Core Power® products are made from fairlife® ultrafiltered partly skimmed milk.
- If it’s milk, why doesn’t it need to be refrigerated?
- Our ultrafiltration and aseptic packaging allow us to be shelf stable for up to 9 months on Elite 42g protein products and up to 12 months on 26g protein products. After opening, all Core Power® products should be consumed within 14 days as any other milk and kept refrigerated.
- How long is the shelf life? How long after opening it can I continue to drink it?
- Core Power® 26g protein products in the 240mL format have a 12 month shelf life. Core Power® Elite 42g protein products have a 9 month shelf life. Once the bottle is opened, Core Power® should be consumed within 14 days as any other milk and kept refrigerated.
- Is Core Power® gluten free?
- Yes, all Core Power® products are gluten free.
- Is Core Power® lactose free? How do Core Power® products remove lactose from the milk?
- Yes, all Core Power® products are lactose free. Most of the lactose is removed through ultrafiltration, while the rest is converted to other digestible sugars via enzymes.
COVID-19 Impact on Plant Progress
CORE POWER® BY fairlife®
we have answers
Our fairlife family farmers provide high quality, real milk filtered for wholesome nutrition. Exceptional care is taken every step of the way, while also ensuring our milk has low somatic cell counts (a measure of individual cow health and milk quality). Fairlife milk proudly meets Canadian regulatory requirements.Contact Us